How does it work?
Car Karaoke invites you to record yourself singing your favourite song from the comfort of your own car. Best of all you don’t need to be driving - just park at your ideal spot and sing your heart out! You can perform solo or with friends, while making it as simple or as elaborate as you want.
Then, simply share your video online and fundraise!
Participation is easy with these four steps:
- Register online at carkaraoke.ca as a participant or as a team
- Record your Car Karaoke video and upload it to YouTube. You can choose to leave the YouTube page unlisted so that only people with the link will be able to view it. Once finished, you can copy and paste the YouTube link to your personal fundraising page (click here for more info on how to do this) or choose to only share it with your friends, family and the event organizers who will need it for judging and prizes.
Don’t have a YouTube account? Please go to fileshare.uhn.ca, select the video you would like to submit, choose public as protection level so UHN event staff can access the video, and send to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and email in the subject line. We will upload and send you the link for you to share. (click here for more info on how to do this)
Please submit your videos as soon as possible or before August 29th, 2021.
- Fundraise by sending your personal page or video link to your family and friends, set your fundraising goal and ask them to watch your performance and support you by making a donation.
- Step into the limelight. Car Karaoke will culminate with a virtual celebration and you are the star! Select videos will be showcased during a live stream event you won’t want to miss.
Record your Car Karaoke video and upload it to YouTube. You can choose to leave the YouTube page unlisted so that only people with the link will be able to view it. Once finished, you can copy and paste the YouTube link to your personal fundraising page or choose to only share it with your friends, family, and the event organizers who will need it for judging and prizes.
Hosted by a celebrity MC, the virtual celebration will also feature a behind-the-scenes tour of stem cell Technology at the McEwen Stem Cell Institute, a look at Helen Ching-Kircher’s Porsche Centre Downtown Toronto and insight into the innovation that goes into the all-electric Porsche Taycan.
Prizes will be awarded for:
- Top fundraiser
- Best solo performance
- Best couple/pair performance
- Best group performance
- Craziest Video
The participant/group with most funds raised will win a DINNER FOR 8 IN YOUR HOME by Sash restaurant and with wine provided by Halpern.
The more money raised, the more rare and exclusive the wine will be!!
Performance prizes include:
- 3-Night Stay at the Ritz-Carlton - Includes a one-bedroom corner suite with breakfast daily and a 3-course lunch or dinner and cocktail for two at the newly launched EPOCH Bar & Kitchen Terrace. Winners will also drive in electrified style for the weekend in a new Porsche Taycan from Porsche Centre Downtown Toronto.
- Elora Mill getaway package - This package includes a one-night stay, a cliff rappelling adventure tour, kitchen counter dinner, breakfast for two, a picnic meal, a $200 spa credit.
- Rejuvenation package by Life Clinic Medical & Wellness group - Includes: PRP Vampire facial, Botox x 50 units, Dermal filler x 3 (valued at over $5,000).
- Exquisite Piece from Stoneylake Glassworks “Matrix” Bowl in red and greys, $400 value.