Hi everyone - I am raising money in support of the Ajmera Transplant Centre as a way to say thank you to the donor who made the gift of a second chance at life possible this week for Alley Adams.
Alley was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes when she was five years old and two and a half years ago learned that she was suffering from end-stage kidney failure as a consequence of diabetes. This week she received the call of a lifetime - that a deceased donor had made their organs available for transplant and she is the recipient. On the morning of May 5th, 2021 she went into surgery for a simultanous kidney-pancreas transplant.
My goal is to surprise her with a donor gift to the hospital in her name when she wakes up. There are two ways that you can support:
1. I am hosting a virtual Peloton charity bike ride all weekend for those that are able to participate. All you have to do is take the selected ride - see ride details below - and send a screenshot of your output and a picture of yourself after the ride to me via Instagram @craigmode or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- I will personally be donating $1 for each kj of output on your ride (up to a maximum of $10,000 - note you can only send me your output once) with the total donation tabulated at the end of the day on Sunday May 9th.
2. Make a donation via this website.
I sincerely appreciate your support and know that these funds will help ensure that many more people receive the same second chance at life that Alley is receiving.
Peloton Ride Details:
- Complete any time between May 5th and May 9th
- Alex Toussaint - 30 Minute Club Bangers - Originally Aired May 2nd 2020 @ 3:30 PM
- Send output results to @craigmode via Instagram or email@example.com